Vss.net will allow you to use Visual SourceSafe™ over the Internet by implementing a Web Service on the server side and a dotNet WinForms client on the client side.
- Checkin, CheckOut, Get, and Undo CheckOut
- Interface is similar to Microsoft's Visual SourceSafe™
- Works using either http or https protocols
- Virtually no firewalling issues. No ports to open.
- Date and Time display relative to Client side clock.
Try It Now
Install the client side and connect to our demo server. Use the username demo and the password, password . To see how fast a GET can be. change the options so that GETs use the file time to compare the files.
Read the installation instructions for the server and the client
The source we are providing is for what would have been version 2.0 of this product. It is a work in progress, that has not been tested, but provides the following additional features not found in the 1.66 version which is stable:
Why are we giving away VSS.NET?
- The VSS Automation interface has been replicated.
- The History screen has been partially implemented and could be finished if someone has a mind to add the code, using the automation interface.
- The Basic Authentication has been moved from a separate module to an event in the global.asax.cs file (but it otherwise the same)